Panda Helper is one of the recent slew of Cydia alternatives released and is proving to be one of the most popular. It is reliable and safe and one of the easiest ways to install unofficial content on an iOS or Android device without having to jailbreak or root it first.
An unofficial app store, Panda Helper, offers users a choice of thousands of apps, games and other cool content but where it differs from the official app store is that everything in Panda Helper is free and much of it is modified with new features.
The installer itself is also packed with great features, not least being easy to use and not needing a jailbreak. Regular updates keep it safe and add new content on a regular basis, and because there are thousands of apps and games, the developers have used four separate categories to help you find what you want easier:
- App Store Apps – a selection of iOS app store apps
- Exclusive Apps – unofficial apps not found in the iOS app store – emulators, screen recorders, music apps, movie apps, and more
- Tweaked Apps – some of the more popular stock iOS apps with cool new features – Instagram++, YouTube++, SnapChat++ and more
- Modified Games – popular iOS games with additional features, unlocked features, and premium apps and more
How to Install Panda Helper
Panda Helper is easy to download even though it won’t be found in the iOS app store. There are two versions of the app for iOS and one for Android users:
Method 1: iOS
Panda Helper comes in two versions for iOS users – Lite, which is free and Premium VIP, which requires a payment.
- Go to the official Panda Helper Download page.
- Tap Install on the new page and go to your home screen
- You should see the loading icon but if it says “waiting,” tap it, and the installation should start
- You will know when it’s done because the icon will be on your home screen.
Fix Untrusted Developer Error
Before you can use it, you will face an untrusted developer error. This arises when Apple doesn’t know who the developers are, usually when you use unofficial content. It is an easy one to resolve:
- Open your Settings app and tap on General > Profiles
- Find the developer name and tap it
- Tap Trust, close Settings, and the app will work.
To use the VIP version, you will need to pay a small subscription, but you do get more content, faster downloads and a much smoother experience, not to mention no ads – the free version is ad-supported.
Method 2: Android
Panda Helper is one of the few third-party app installers that has support for Android devices. The developers have provided an APK file that you download directly onto your Android device. It is very important that you only use the official download link that we provide – there are plenty of websites claiming to have a genuine APK, but they are nothing more than fakes or advertising spam – download those at your own risk.
- The first step is to open your Settings app and go to Security
- Enable Unknown Sources and then close Settings
- Now download the Panda Helper APK onto your Android device (see link above)
- Find the file on your device ( usually in Downloads ) and double tap on it
- The installation will proceed, and the installer will show up on your home screen
If you don’t see the icon, the installation has failed. Don’t worry because it can take more than an attempt – just run through these steps again until you are successful.
Fixing Panda Helper Errors:
There are a couple of common errors that may arise when using Panda Helper on the iPhone and we’re going to discuss fixing those errors now.
Profile Installation Failed Error:
This tends to happen when you download Panda Helper at a time when the Apple servers are backed up with traffic and struggling to cope. The first thing to do is to wait; give it a couple of hours and then have another go. If the error persists, do this:
- Enable Airplane mode on your iPhone or iPad
- Open your Settings app and go to Safari
- Tap Clear History and Website Data
- Tap Clear History and Data
- Disable Airplane mode and leave your iPhone or iPad for a few minutes
- Give it another go, and the app should download just fine
White or Blank Screen:
This is an irritation, but it is common, and it is easy to fix:
- Open your Settings app
- Tap Safari
- Tap Clear Website Data
- Try again, and the screen should be as normal
Panda Helper is one of the later Cydia alternatives to be released but is fast becoming one of the most popular. Try it today; you won’t find a more comprehensive alternative to Cydia and to the official app store anywhere.